Re: GNU licenses

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:54:46 +0200 (CEST)

   >    Doing a licensed act but failing to comply with conditions is
   >    *breach of contract* If I authorize you to copy in return for
   >    payment of $1 per copy, and you don't pay, you are in breach
   >    of the license.  Yet I can only sue you for non-performance
   >    and demand the dollar per copy.
   >
   > The act of `not paying $1 per copy' wasn't licensed, so this is
   > copyright infringement (even according to your own words).

   The "not paying $1 per copy" is not part of the authorized act. The
   contract establishes two acts: 1) One party authorizes the other
   party to copy 2) The other party accepts the obligation to pay for
   each copy

Of course the "not paying $1 per copy" is part of the authorised act.
That you insist on listing them as two sperate things is completely
irrelevant.