Re: Donating Time Series Software to the Open Source

From: Dave (from the UK)
Subject: Re: Donating Time Series Software to the Open Source
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:56:59 +0100

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:

There are a number of organisations that host Open Source Projects for
free:

BerliOS <www.berlios.de>
OpenSVN <https://opensvn.csie.org>
GNA.org <https://gna.org/>
safehaus <www.safehaus.org>
codehaus <www.codehaus.org>
GNU savannah <https://savannah.gnu.org/>
java.net <www.java.net>
javaforge <www.javaforge.com>
Novell <forge.novell.com>

They have various services, such as SVN or CVS version management,
mailing list support, incident/bug reporting tools etc. I suggest you
spend some time on each site to see which suits you best.
Take care,

You admitted perhaps the most obvious one - sourceforge. On sourceforge you can pretty much select any type of open-source license. They will even consider a completly different licence.

There is an open source license overview on their web page:
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=778&group_id=1

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: month-year@southminster-branch-line.org.uk