Re: GNU licenses

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU licenses
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 22:07:49 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
>> The GPL creates its own software pool
>
> of intellectual property price fixed below the cost of its creation.

Well, that is what is called civilization and culture.  Not having to
reinvent the wheel, but profiting from the knowledge created by
others.

Anyway, if you want to attach a minimum price to mental labor, you
have to prohibit most hobbyist clubs.  They share a lot of
intellectual property below the cost of its creation, by mutual
agreement.

And actually, it would be a very nice idea if it was prohibited to;
use energy resources below the cost of its creation: we are spending
much more energy than our time produces, essentially burning the
world's forests a thousand times over.  If one would have to pay for
the energy from coal the price that it would cost to grow the
equivalent amount of trees, we'd have less climatic and environmental
problems.

_That_ would be an area worth of regulating.