Re: State of the GPL Angband Nation

From: Neil Stevens
Subject: Re: State of the GPL Angband Nation
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:28:00 GMT

Roman Bertle wrote:
> Hello, i think thats wrong. Its not necessary that the new parts behave
> differently, you only have to write them not using the badly-licensed
> parts.

Well yes, I think not using the original code when writing the
replacement is key too, heh.

But if you sit there and line by line rewrite Moria licensed code A to
generate GPL licensed code B, then I imagine the question of whether B
is derived would be murkier.  Or at least, some lawyers could muddy the
waters on us.

> F'up to gnu.misc.discuss

Skipping that group because I really don't feel like one of those kind
of arguments, heh.

--
Neil Stevens - neil@hakubi.us

If you're seeing shades of gray, it's because you're not
looking close enough to see the black and white dots.