Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus' gang: "abandon the current GPLv3

From: Keith Thompson
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus' gang: "abandon the current GPLv3 process before it becomes too late"
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:00:55 GMT

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
> Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> writes:
[...]
>> What is Emacs?
>
> Pretty much the most-used general-purpose editor under Unix-like
> operating systems.
>
>> C'mon, dak. Only (fine nines) retarded fanatics like your comrade
>> ams use that torturous editor.
>
> Care to mention an editor on Unix-like systems that would be used more
> often?
[...]

Possibly vi and its derivatives.

I have no idea whether vi or emacs is used more often, it doesn't
matter to me one way or the other, and it's not particularly relevant
to this discussion, but it's at least plausible that vi is used more
than emacs.  (Personally, I use both.  No, really.)

San Diego Supercomputer Center             <*>  <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something.  This is something.  Therefore, we must do this.