Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus' gang: "abandon the currentGPLv3 pro

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus' gang: "abandon the currentGPLv3 process before it becomes too late"
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:40:13 +0200

"Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote:

>    Of course, contrary to ams' contention, the FSF can't just choose
>    to do whatever they want to with IBM's code:
>
> I never said that.  IBM is the copyright holder of IBM's code, in the
> case of GCC, it is not longer IBM's code, but the FSF's, since IBM has
> transfered copyright to the FSF.  So indeed, the FSF can do whatever
> they would like with their code.

Go to doctor.

-----
The Foundation agrees that all of its distributions of the Transferred
Work, or of any work "based on the Transferred Work" (that is any work
that in whole or in part incorporates or is derived from all or part of
the Transferred Work), shall be under a version of the Foundation's
General Public License,  Lesser General Public License or Library
General Public License (collectively "LGPL").
-----