Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus' gang: "abandon the current GPLv3 pr

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Linus' gang: "abandon the current GPLv3 process before it becomes too late"
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 04:20:25 +0200

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:

>    RMS and ams use RMAIL as a mail client, I (and most others) use
>    Gnus.  RMAIL is not really overly useful when you are trying to
>    keep track of multiple discussions.
>
> That is purley a personal opinion ofcourse, I find it quite suitable
> for multiple discussions,

But the people with who you are discussing don't.  Attribution lines
really are standard in mailing lists, since there is no other
indication who you are replying to.

There is actually no good reason that RMAIL omits them.  It is a
serious and actually quite unnecessary shortcoming of RMAIL.  And in
contrast to the lack of threading into separate groups and threads,
the harm is on the _other_ persons participating in the discussion.
Which makes it a matter of politeness to others, not merely of
inconvenience for oneself.