Re: Open source - Free software

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:23:50 +0100

Qua, 2006-09-27 às 19:22 +0200, AE escreveu:
> Open Source : It maximizes benefit for the community. BSD or (L)GPL?

This phrase has no understandable meaning. Do you try to imply BSD is is
opensource while GPL is Free Software? False on both accounts. Both
licenses fullfill the criteria of both OSI and FSF, so I can't
understand that position.

If you men to say BSD maximizes benefit for the community I disagree,
since it allows some members of the community to overpower others, that
can't be part of any maximization.

Rui