Re: Open source - Free software

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:51:53 +0200 (CEST)

   > Just because it is not in a dictionary does not mean that the word
   > does not have a proper definition.

   I did not say "dictionary".  Just any old reference will serve.  If
   the word has a proper definition, you should be able to give a
   _single_ reference from anywhere else but your own imagination.

I have given you one such reference.  Instead, you continue to behave
in a silly manner, could you please stop that?

   > There are several words which are not in the dictionary which are
   > commonly used, and as it happens computer jargon like terms like
   > `freeware' are not defined in dictionaries,

   Oh, but there are jargon files, and a web search will easily dig up
   hundreds of definitions.

Not everything is on the web.

   > they are defined by the community, and as it happens the
   > definition of freeware has always been `no charge non-free
   > software'.

   Then you should be able to find a single other person of "the
   community" that backs your definition.  You alone don't constitute
   a community.

Neither do you, it is quite sad to see such a hostile and rude
behaviour from a fellow peer.  You have on a continued basis started
mud slinging capmaigns towards me and others of this community.  Could
you please stop doing so?  It is not useful, nor is it a very useful
way for you to spend your time.