Re: Open source - Free software

From: Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:33:09 -0300

begin  In <efgkqg$2f4b$2@pc-news.cogsci.ed.ac.uk>, on 09/28/2006
   at 02:05 PM, richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk (Richard Tobin) said:

>What distribution methodology is that?

Well, the trademark may have disappeared with Fluegelman, but google
is still your friend. Basically freeware is software that is available
at no charge subject to various license restrictions, e.g., no
commercial use, no redistribution. The exact restrictions depend on
the program in question.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT  <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>

Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action.  I reserve the
right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail.  Reply to
domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me.  Do not
reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org