Re: Open source - Free software

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Open source - Free software
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:48:15 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> Al Klein <rukbat@pern.invalid> writes:

>> > Not in any court in the US in which it's been tested so far.
>>
>> If the US courts were too stupid to distinguish media and content,
>
> You are the one who is stupid beyond believable, not US courts and
> Congress. Software is literary work. Stephen King doesn't sell any
> media, he sells his work.

The last time I looked in a book shop, one did not buy manuscripts,
but books.  The book is the product of a printer, created by a
publisher from King's manuscript, licensed by King.

What one buys is the book, which is the media prepared by the printer
with the content of King.

I mean, this must be easy enough even to grasp for you, right?