Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- raya's research on "The Four Freedoms"

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- raya's research on "The Four Freedoms"
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 02:20:59 +0200 (CEST)

   Well, the ITS manuals not once refer to something as "operating
   system" which would include any applications.

Nor is ITS refered to as a "kernel", it is refered to as a "system", a
system to operate a KL10.  A operating system.  Even Richard, who
hacked on the damn thing, calls it a operating system.

   Care to quote something, _anything_ from that time that would
   actually support your case about "operating system" being applied
   to whole systems including applications?

I have, ITS.  Even the name suggests it.  I don't see how it suggest
that it is a kernel, which you imply that it is.

And please stop wasting my time, I have better things then arguing
about something that we both agree on: operating system is not a
formally defined term.  It can mean just the kernel, it can mean
kernel, and lots of programs.  In the case of GNU, it means the later
and has always meant the later.