Re: Gentoo Linux copyright / CDDL question

From: Drazen Kacar
Subject: Re: Gentoo Linux copyright / CDDL question
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:29:41 +0000 (UTC)

James Carlson wrote:
>  Merijn de Weerd <merijn+nospam@realemail.net> writes:
> > Basically, this says "if Sun ever forgets to credit you,
> > or performs something you consider a mutilation of your
> > work, you won't sue Sun".
>
>  That's basically true.  If such a thing weren't there, then other
>  contributors (including both people inside Sun and those outside)
>  would be unable to fix any bugs in the code you contribute.

Why? AFAIK, Sun has (or has had) employees in Ireland. Irish copyright
law gives such moral rights to individuals, the said rights are not
transferable and there's no way to give them up, as far as Irish law is
concerned.

Did that prevent other people to fix bugs in their code?

--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely
(_  \ /  _)   ceremonial.