Re: NYC LOCAL: Thursday 26 October 2006 NYU Free Culture Club General Me

From: Keith Thompson
Subject: Re: NYC LOCAL: Thursday 26 October 2006 NYU Free Culture Club General Meeting
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:34:29 GMT

Keve Nagy <see_my_sig@mail.invalid> writes:
[snip]
> Buy the way, is there anything we can do to stop somebody posting
> inappropriate messages in a newsgroup? I mean, besides kindly asking
> the person to stop doing it, of course.

For an unmoderated newsgroup, no, there's no really any way to stop
inappropriate messages from being posted.  You can always use a
killfile; in fact, I suspect the "NYC LOCAL:" tag in the subject is
intended precisely to make it easy to killfile the messages.

I'm not commenting on whether the NYC LOCAL messages are appropriate
or not.

San Diego Supercomputer Center             <*>  <http://users.sdsc.edu/~kst>
We must do something.  This is something.  Therefore, we must do this.