Re: Competing Robin Hood Linux

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Competing Robin Hood Linux
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 08:31:06 +0000

Seg, 2006-11-06 às 07:59 +0100, Merijn de Weerd escreveu:
> On 2006-11-06, Alexander Terekhov <terekhov@web.de> wrote:
> > We still believe that we will be the dominant player in the Linux
> > market, because by that time there won't be any other Linux players.
> > ------
> >
> > Hm... is this an invitation for Wallace to file another action under
> > Sherman Act 2 monopolization (in addition to his current section 1
> > action)?
>
> This is stupid even for you. There's nothing illegal about
> having a dominant position in a market. It's the *abuse*
> of the dominant position that's illegal.

And it is stupid to talk of monopoly when anyone can join in, in Free
Software.

Maybe you can't work for Red Hat, but you surely can sell support for
Red Hat (or RH based) operating systems.

Yes, support that goes to the level of source code changes (just look at
Oracle and their stupid act... they are just like CentOS but they're
doing it in an Oracle way -- broken).

Rui

+ So let's do it...?