Re: Competing Robin Hood Linux

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Competing Robin Hood Linux
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 12:19:58 +0100

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> Seg, 2006-11-06 Ã s 10:34 +0100, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> > Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:

> > [...]
> >
> > > And it is stupid to talk of monopoly when anyone can join in, in Free
> >
> > Then what does the bold claim "there won't be any other Linux players"
> > mean, oh dear mini-RMS?
>
> Marketing mambo-jambo.

Well, but Red Hat's President of Marketing is Yeaton, not Webbink. Webbink
is Red Hat's "Deputy General Counsel for intellectual property and public
policy."

http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2004/press_cunningham.html

"Webbink will guide Red Hat's legal strategy with respect to intellectual
property and will continue to be an active voice of the open source
community with respect to intellectual property issues. In the last two
years Webbink has testified before hearings of the Federal Trade
Commission and Department of Justice on antitrust and patents, testified
before Congress on patent reform, and given numerous talks on open source
licensing."

(Please refrain from singing GNUish "intellectual property doesn't exist"
mambo-jambo, okay. Thank you.)