Re: Confused about LGPL terms - can you help?

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Confused about LGPL terms - can you help?
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:58:07 +0100

xp_newbie@yahoo.com wrote:
[...]
> Alexander, I must admit that when I first read the links you provided,
> I got even more confused. But then, I noticed that all of these links
> refer to GPL, not LGPL.  :)

Forget LGPL.

http://www.rosenlaw.com/Rosen_Ch06.pdf

------
The LGPL Alternative

[...] an impenetrable maze of technological babble. They should not be
in a general-purpose software license.

[...]

The LGPL concedes that the GPL is a better, more appropriate license,
and it allows any licensees to convert to the GPL at their option:

   You may opt to apply the terms of the ordinary GNU General
   Public License

[...]

The LGPL, therefore, is an anomaly ... merely directs us back to the
main event, the GPL license itself.
------

See also

http://www.usfca.edu/law/determann/softwarecombinations060403.pdf