Re: Question to GPL LGPL

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Question to GPL LGPL
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:02:57 +0100

"Alfred M. Szmidt" wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your question, but all programs that get
> linked with the GPL library/program must be under the same terms as
> the GPL.  If they just use fork/exec, then this is not needed.  Have
> you checked the GPL FAQ (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html)?

That crackpot GNU FAQ is not the law on derivative works, retard ams.

To the OP: see

http://www.usfca.edu/law/determann/softwarecombinations060403.pdf

and perhaps also

http://www.law.washington.edu/LCT/Events/FOSS/MootFacts.pdf
(Moot Court Statements of Fact)

http://www.law.washington.edu/LCT/Events/FOSS/OmegaBrief.pdf
(Omega Plaintiff's Brief)

http://www.law.washington.edu/LCT/Events/FOSS/AlphaBrief.pdf
(Alpha Defendant's Brief)

http://www.law.washington.edu/LCT/Events/FOSS/media/03.%20Beyond%20the%20Basics%20-%20Moot%20Court.mp3
(Hearing and Q&A)

-------
The Scope of “Derivative Works” as Applied to Software: David Bender
of White & Case LLP and author of Computer Law and Ieuan Mahony of
Holland & Knight LLP will argue the proper scope of “derivative work”
under U.S. copyright law when applied to software, before a panel of
distinguished federal appellate judges:

 * HONORABLE WILLIAM C. BRYSON, U.S. Court of Appeals for the
   Federal Circuit
 * HONORABLE HALDANE ROBERT MAYER, U.S. Court of Appeals for the
   Federal Circuit
 * HONORABLE MARGARET MCKEOWN, U.S. Court of Appeals for the
   Ninth Circuit
-------

Hth.