Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- "Sam Palmisano to Prison!"

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- "Sam Palmisano to Prison!"
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:04:57 +0100

<side note>

http://domino.watson.ibm.com/comm/research.nsf/pages/r.security.innovation.html
(Research for Advancing Trusted Computing, Innovation Matters

</side note>

----------
Treacherous Computing is an instance of a very dangerous phenomenon,
namely a conspiracy of companies to restrict the public - to restrict
the public's access to technology. Such conspiracies ought to be a
crime. The executives of those companies should be tried, and if
convicted, sent to prison for conspiring to restrict the public's access
to technology. However, that sort of policy would have required leaders
that believe in government of the people, by the people, for the people.
What we have today is government of the people, by the flunkies, for the
corporations.

For from trying to protect us from such conspiracies, our governments
today show how undemocratic they are by supporting the companies against
us, supporting the conspiracies against us. Laws that prohibit
circumvention of these conspiracies essentially deputise the
conspiracies as police men, giving them power over the citizens. Every
government that supports such a law shows that it is on the side of
publishers, on the side of Hollywood, on the side of the record
companies, against its own citizens. It has become an arm of occupation.

Nonetheless, we are going to fight against tivoisation and treacherous
computing with all of our abilities

http://www.fsfeurope.org/projects/gplv3/tokyo-rms-transcript#tc2