Re: License Dilemma

From: Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky
Subject: Re: License Dilemma
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:56:27 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

> "Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky" <dg-nospam@midasitech.com> writes:
>
>> John Hasler wrote:
>>
>>> David is telling you what patents do.  You are giving the conventional
>>> rationalization for doing it.  Two different things.
>>
>> Huh, NO, its me who telling David and you what patents doing.
>> And David just giving me unconventional
>> rationalization for not doing it.
>
> Uh, the right to bill people is an "unconventional rationalization for
> not doing it"?  Are you sure you are not confusing me with someone
> else?  If you are sure, please support your opinion of what I am
> supposed to have been writing with actual quotes.
>
> This is getting sillier by the minute.

Don't mean to offense you personally or as part of group.
If did so, please accept my apology.
This wording is just rephrasing of what John post.
But any way for "unconventional rationalization for
not doing it":
>" The whole point of patents
> is to make innovation pay _off_, nothing else."
and later
> "Patent jurisdiction is
> about recompensation.  The right a patent holder gains in the
> patenting process is the time-limited right to bill others for
> recognizable uses of his patent, nothing else.".

While conventional point is:
>   To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for
>   limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their
>   respective writings and discoveries

And ye this patent discussion is silly.
My original intention were to get advise
on possible licensing scheme from suppose
to be knowledgable folks of gnu.misc.discuss.
Not very fruitfull so far.

Regards, Dmitry