Re: License Dilemma

From: Dmitry V. Gorbatovsky
Subject: Re: License Dilemma
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 01:25:30 +0200

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:

> You will have to decide what it is you have created. If it is software
> (I know you said it isn't), it enjoys copyright protection. This means
> that your software cannot be copied, but the the idea is not protected,
> and can be re-implemented. In addition, software can (in the USA at
> least) be patented - this boils down to protecting the idea and/or
> algorithm.

It is methodology of industrial decision
making under certain conditions.
It is patent penting for two years already through PCT.

> Then you should stipulate so in your license, which will not be the
> GPL as it allows redistribution.
I try to get a point on some particularly well known license
from set of FSF or OSI "approved" licenses.
Which good in situation, where one's intent is to free code of
implementation, but preserve a patent rights.

I would appreciate any clue.

Regards, Dmitry