Re: License Dilemma

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: License Dilemma
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:20:33 +0100

Stefaan A Eeckels wrote:
[...]
> No, because books are meant to be read. Once you have written
> successful books, or produced successful research (like winning a Nobel
> prize) you can use your fame to make money on the lecturing circuit.
> This also works for failed politicians like Al Gore ;-)

And dead scientists like Einstein.

"The Albert Einstein Archives at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem own
the Literary Estate of Albert Einstein, as declared in his last will and
testament."

http://www.albert-einstein.org/.index5.html

Price list for the use in non-commercial publication:

            Item
                             Price in US$
  Photo
                                    150.00
  Photo on cover of publication
                            500.00-1000.00 *
  Reproduction of manuscript
                                    100.00
  Quotation of entire letter
                                     50.00
  Quotation of entire article
                                    100.00

Price list for the use in commercial publication:

Please send the details of your request to our office
aearequests@savion.huji.ac.il.

The price for commercial publications is calculated as a function of
retail price, number of copies and percentage of content of licenced
material in the publication. The amounts for non-commercial fees
mentioned above constitute a minimum and commercial fees cannot fall
below them.
--------