Re: gpl licensing

From: Aragorn
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 11:27:32 GMT

On Saturday 02 December 2006 13:42, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra stood up and
addressed the masses in /gnu.misc.discuss/ as follows...:

> [...]
>
> Oh, and don't pay attention to Alexander, remember this is a GNU
> list/newsgroup so isn't it weird that someone hangs around here trying
> to destroy the very purpose of this list or of Free Software?

I'm still new to this group myself and I will therefore not jump to any
conclusions, least of all calling people a troll without further and
sufficient evidence.  From what I could make up so far, Alexander seems to
be someone who doesn't like GPLv3, but that's all I know at this stage.

As for your question, considering the amount of Windows trolls we see in
other newsgroups - both the technical groups and /comp.os.linux.advocacy,/
where I've resided for little over a year before I found that I had seen
enough of the debating of Windows Vista <grin> - it wouldn't surprise me at
all if trolls or paid Microsoft shills were to seek out this newsgroup.

After all, the destruction of anything Free seems to be Microsoft's main
goal these last couple of ehm... decades... ;-)

--
With kind regards,

*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)