Re: gpl licensing

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: gpl licensing
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 17:01:30 +0100 (CET)

   [...] You can own it because intellectual property laws make
   information not free. They make information into a form of
   property.

Information is indeed free, you cannot dictate what someone can or
cannot do with it.  E.g. if you give me this great idea that would
save the world from yourself, then you cannot stop me, legally or
otherwise, from sharing it with others, modifying it or even setting
the idea into effect.