Re: Some questions about LGPL

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Some questions about LGPL
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:22:00 +0100 (CET)

   I have some questions about LGPL.  I have a commercial project.
   And it contains a "NASM assembler".  NASM x86 assembler is use GNU
   Lesser General Public License.  So , if I use NASM assembler as a
   part of my project and I don't publish my sourcecode,

You should publish your source code, all users have the right to run,
study, improve and distribute the software they have on their
computers.  It would be wrong of us to help you in your pursuit to do
something that is wrong.  Please reconsider making your program free
software, you can use free software commerically, and many do.  No
free software license (the GNU GPL, the GNU Lesser GPL, etc) prohibit
this.

Cheers.