using GFDL and Creative Commons material

From: Giulio
Subject: using GFDL and Creative Commons material
Date: 28 Dec 2006 05:27:07 -0800

Hello all,
I have a question about use of gfdl and Creative Commons and how could
I mix them together. I hope this is the right place.

In my site I would like to show some images under Creative Commons
(various versions) commenting them with textes which are under GFDL.

In the same site I would like to put some google adsense links and some
amazon ads, suggesting to buy some stuff.

should I consider these ads a "commercial use"? (allowed in GFDL but
sometimes not in CC)

I've seen that GFDL requests that material added to a GFDL text must be
converted to GFDL too,
how can I mix Creative Commons images explained by GFDL textes in the
same website?
(can I embed images in the text or only put links from text to images
and back, spedifying for each content the relative license?)

thank you very much for help
Giulio