NYC LOCAL: Sunday 4 February 2007 New Yorkers for Fair Use: Organizing M

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Sunday 4 February 2007 New Yorkers for Fair Use: Organizing Meeting for 13 February 2007 FTC Workshop on Net Neutrality
Date: 31 Jan 2007 22:58:28 -0500

  what="official New Yorkers for Fair Use announcement">

The Federal Trade Commission will hold a workshop on Network
Neutrality and Broadband Competition on 13 and 14 February 2007:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/01/broadbandwrkshp.htm
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/workshops/broadband/index.html
http://www.ftc.gov/opp/workshops/broadband/agenda.pdf

New Yorkers for Fair Use will be at this workshop in
Washington DC to

1. Explain to the FTC and to reporters and to the public what the
Net is

2. Argue against allowing ATT and The Cable Company to wiretap
all Net traffic

3. Refute the claim that the Net must be destroyed in order to
bring us more cable TV

We invite all who want to keep our Net free to join us this
coming Sunday and help plan our trip to Washington DC.  The more
people on our side at the FTC Workshop, the better.

We will meet at 6:00 pm on Sunday 4 February 2007 at the Gyro
Pizza Bagel Place, east of the main entrance to Cooper Union at
Eighth Street and Third Avenue, that is, Astor Place. The 6 Line
subway has a stop at Astor Place.  The N, R, and W Lines have a
stop one full block west on Eighth Street.  We will be in the
back of the Gyro Place, and you will recognize us by the clarity
and volume of our discussion.

Jay Sulzberger
working member New Yorkers for Fair Use
http://www.nyfairuse.org