Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- "Novell position on GPL3 draft"

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- "Novell position on GPL3 draft"
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:01:37 +0200

Ha ha.

http://www.novell.com/prblogs/?p=310

<quote>

Novell Open PR

Novell position on GPL3 draft

March 28th, 2007 by Bruce Lowry

The Free Software Foundation has published today a third draft of the
GPL3 license. The FSF had indicated leading up to this draft that it
would be addressing some concerns it had with the Novell-Microsoft
agreements in the draft. Here’s Novell’s position on the new draft:

    * We will continue to distribute Linux. Nothing in this new draft
      of GPL3 inhibits Novell’s ability to include GPL3 technologies
      in SUSE Linux Enterprise, openSUSE, and other Novell open source
      offerings, now and in the future. This is good news for our
      customers.

    * This is a draft for public comment. Novell is not going to offer
      a public interpretation on specific provisions of the draft at
      this time.

    * We are firmly committed to continuing the partnership with
      Microsoft and, as we always have, fully complying with the terms
      of the licenses for the software that we ship, including software
      licensed under GPL3. If the final version of the GPL3 does
      potentially impact the agreement we have with Microsoft, we’ll
      address that with Microsoft.

    * Novell has been and continues to be a strong supporter of free
      software and open source. We are significant contributors to a
      range of free software and open source projects, including
      kernel.org, openOffice.org, Mono, GNU projects, and more.

</quote>