Re: GPL question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GPL question
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 00:18:04 +0200

Bilgehan.Balban@gmail.com writes:

> Hi,
>
> Suppose I used some GPL code (e.g. linux kernel linked lists) in my
> own project, which is also under GPL. However I have the copyright for
> the bits that I wrote, possibly more than a non-trivial %90 of it. Can
> I still dual license the project?

You can't relicense the work of others under any license you like,
period.  Regardless how much or little you add to it.

If you want to have the definite say about how to license some work,
make sure that you have the copyright to 100% of it.  If the 10% are
so trivial and your licensing options are so important to you, that
should be a small price to pay.