Re: GPL question

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPL question
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:25:37 +0200

Bilgehan.Balban@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Suppose I used some GPL code (e.g. linux kernel linked lists) in my
> own project, which is also under GPL. However I have the copyright for
> the bits that I wrote, possibly more than a non-trivial %90 of it. Can
> I still dual license the project?

Your project is a "compilation" (this legal term includes
"collective works") under copyright law.

The copyright in that compilation is separate and independent
from copyrights in constituent works and you are the sole owner
of that copyright. You can multi license it all you like.
Individual works compromising the project remain under their
own copyrights and (multi)licenses, if any.