Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Herr Professor: "giving away coupons activ

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Herr Professor: "giving away coupons activity by Microsoft is meaningless and useless"
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 16:52:15 +0100

Sáb, 2007-05-19 às 17:29 +0200, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> And you're just stupid. Well, when are we going to see Eben finally
> going to court against Microsoft? Interestingly, his latest amicus
> was in support of Microsoft in the case that saved MS billions in
> current (no less than 60% of currently pending monetary sanctions)
> and future patent liabilities.

His latest amicus brief was in support for Free Software, but from an
indirect point of view. That Microsoft should win in that case, it would
create case law favourable to Free Software in what relates to software
patents.

So in that particular case, supporting Microsoft actually benefitted
Free Software. Oh... how many chairs Mr. Balmer must've wanted to throw
at Eben :)

Rui

+ So let's do it...?