Re: Lost in licensing - is the following strategy water-proof?

From: Hendrik Belitz
Subject: Re: Lost in licensing - is the following strategy water-proof?
Date: 24 May 2007 23:40:30 -0700

Whoah,

interpreting a lax greeting by a person who's native language isn't
English at all as a political or even juridical statement and using it
to start a flame war out of nothing - looks like a kind of real bad
habit to me.

Nevertheless, thanks to you guys who provided me with some useful
answers. Alexander, your link was pretty informative, but the author
also states several times that he is not quite sure whether his
viewpoint on software combinations is fully correct w.r.t. the GNU
licensing policy. I also read through the GPL FAQ behind the link
provided to me by Alfred, which was also rather interesting and
assisted me in deciding whether to use LGPL or BSD licensing in my
particular case. I think I'll stick to the BSD mod-3-term then...

Cheers
 Hendrik