Re: Lost in licensing - is the following strategy water-proof?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Lost in licensing - is the following strategy water-proof?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:07:03 +0200

   interpreting a lax greeting by a person who's native language isn't
   English at all as a political or even juridical statement and using
   it to start a flame war out of nothing - looks like a kind of real
   bad habit to me.

Please excuse David, he loves starting flamewars about anything and
everything with me in particular.

   Nevertheless, thanks to you guys who provided me with some useful
   answers. Alexander, your link was pretty informative, but the
   author also states several times that he is not quite sure whether
   his viewpoint on software combinations is fully correct w.r.t. the
   GNU licensing policy. I also read through the GPL FAQ behind the
   link provided to me by Alfred, which was also rather interesting
   and assisted me in deciding whether to use LGPL or BSD licensing in
   my particular case. I think I'll stick to the BSD mod-3-term
   then...

Great! Glad that we could be of help.