Re: GNU License, Again

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU License, Again
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:16:56 +0200

> David Kastrup wrote:
> [...]
>> put forward by typical case law, is shere lunacy.  It is to the best
>> interest of the FSF to claim the full extent of this lunacy for their
>> interpretation of copyright law and the GPL.
>
> I have yet to see *any* references to case law by GNUtians to back
> their utterly lunatic interpretation of copyright law and the GPL.

Well, that cuts both ways.  And the typical proprietary software
licenses (which go widely unchallenged) make demands that are quite
more atrocious.  There is a general tendency by large law departments
not to question the status quo.  You may partly want to call it FUD if
you want to, but it is FUD that is very much established and
effective.  I doubt there will be many parties more glad than the FSF
if case law refuting it comes into being.

But at the current point of time, it does not look like it.