Re: GNU FUD

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU FUD
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:24:55 +0200

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@1407.org> writes:

> Sáb, 2007-05-26 às 12:07 +0200, David Kastrup escreveu:
>> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@1407.org> writes:
>>
>> > Your credibility was ruined long ago, and is only gone even deeper by
>> > faking your email in order to get spam-bots onto my mail server.
>> >
>> > STOP FAKING YOUR FROM ADDRESS
>> >
>> > You DO NOT come from com.1407.org
>>
>> While I agree that the original poster is rather incoherent, I am
>> afraid that this particular complaint is nonsense.  His faked from
>> address is just "rjack@com", namely a host named "com" with no
>> specified domain.  Any "1407.org" domain you might have been seeing
>> has been added by your own software or your interpretation of its
>> output.  His posting contains nothing of the sort.
>
> Sorry but no way:
>
>       Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 05:51:49 -0500
>       From: rjack <rjack@com.1407.org>

Your mail server has added the domain in order to create a complete
mailing address.  If you had been reading this posting from a
Newsserver instead of by mail, like you can see with all original
headers at
<URL:http://groups.google.de/group/gnu.misc.discuss/msg/e68e7d970b543ef2>,
you'd not have seen your domain added.

Again: in this respect you are mistaken about the original poster, and
it might be smart to stop this before you are giving him ideas.

His choice of a fake mail domain _is_, by the way, idiotic, but it
does not single you out.  He should pick something ending in
".invalid" if he is really out to have an invalid address.