Re: GNU FUD

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU FUD
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 18:58:41 +0200

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms@1407.org> writes:

> Sáb, 2007-05-26 às 18:40 +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt escreveu:
>> David is correct, it is your setup that is b0rked.  Here is the full
>> message with header and all.  You can even look at ftp://lists.gnu.org
>> and see how it is handled for the mailing lists.
>
> Explain how come my MTA *rejects* rjack@com then? Is it magic, perhaps?

It does not reject gnu-misc-discuss@gnu.org, presumably.  I recommend
that you learn the difference between the "From: " header in a mail
and the "From " line in an mbox file usually (but not necessarily)
derived from the SMTP greeting.

I would not go as far as to claim that your setup is broken (putting a
default mail domain into some headers is not uncommon in order to make
them replyable), but it would seem that you don't understand what your
system is doing here.