Re: Did I finally figure out the rationale?

From: Rui Miguel Silva Seabra
Subject: Re: Did I finally figure out the rationale?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 17:41:53 +0100

Ter, 2007-05-29 às 10:15 +0200, Alexander Terekhov escreveu:
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> [...]
> > Contracts fall into contract law.
> > Copyright licenses fall into copyright law.
>
> Repeating Moglen's idiocy doesn't make it less idiocy. Copyright law
> establishes property rights. Licensing of that property fall into
> contract law.

LOL you're mixing two quite different concepts and treating them as if
they were one. Are you really that confused or are you intentionally
misleading people? Also: there's not need to have a double identity,
thank you.

A copyright license is something the copyright owner has that gives him
the power to define who, and in what conditions, can make copies.

A copyright holder can make a contract giving away in full or in part,
permanently or for a certain duration, his copyright powers.

In the case of books and music, most copyright holders start by the
authors who sell, under a contract, those rights to a publisher.

Then you eventually buy your copyright license by buying a legitimate
copy (a book, a CD, etc...).

You're a joke!

Rui

+ So let's do it...?