Re: No Emails for Sports Prediction Program, only Downloads

From: Inventor
Subject: Re: No Emails for Sports Prediction Program, only Downloads
Date: 30 May 2007 07:26:36 -0700

On May 30, 1:31 am, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
> Expect about 2 mail feedbacks per 1000 downloads, and 4 of 5 feedbacks
> are coupled with feature requests or bug reports.  Expect about 1 in
> 20000 downloads to offer some monetary appreciation or other
> contribution.
>
> If you want to have feedback, try asking for a postcard _explicitly_
> in your release announcement/README.
>
> David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum

Wow David, sounds like the voice of experience - greatly appreciated.
I did what you suggested and also i put a notice on the web page
stating that the new documentation I'm making just now is available by
email.  That way anyone can get the software and run it from the
README.txt file, but if they want the new docs, they have to email
me.  We'll see how that works.  Thanks, and best wishes.