Re: No Emails for Sports Prediction Program, only Downloads

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: No Emails for Sports Prediction Program, only Downloads
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 19:37:50 +0200 (CEST)

   I just released my Sports Prediction Program under the GNU GPL last
   week.  I mentioned it on two newsgroup posts and so far have gotten
   about 25 hits on the website, but zero courtesy emails.  Is it
   common for people to just take the software without so much as a
   thank-you email?  If GNU is in part a community of like-minded
   folks, then why is this behavior so prevalent?

Well, think about how many peoples software you are using on your
average GNU variant.  Thanking each and single author of a program you
use on a even daily basis is just not feasible, it might even be
impossible to find who wrote what.