Re: How do I write an Open Source Book?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: How do I write an Open Source Book?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 02:51:13 +0200 (CEST)

   Thanks for your answer. I considered that a registration was
   required because after I start distributing the book I wonder what
   will prevent anybody else from copying it and declaring that I just
   released his book and effectively "stealing" the credits and maybe
   even registering the book commercially.

If one cannot charge a fee for the book, then it is not a free book.
And please do not confuse plagiarism with theft, they are two vastly
different things.

   How can I prove without some kind of registration that I was the
   original writer or software developer?

Usually, one goes to an law office for such advice, since it depends
on where you live.