Re: How do I write an Open Source Book?

From: John Hasler
Subject: Re: How do I write an Open Source Book?
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:33:37 -0500

Artificer writes:
> How can I prove without some kind of registration that I was the original
> writer or software developer?

By producing evidence: your first draft, friends who remember discussing it
with you, the records of whoever did the first print run for you, etc.  How
do you think most authors do so?

You can register your copyright for a small fee.  Exactly how you do so
depends on what country you are in.  Do a Web search.  Registration doesn't
accomplish much, though.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org