Re: Gnash Question...

From: Ciaran O'Riordan
Subject: Re: Gnash Question...
Date: 26 Jun 2007 15:59:54 +0100

FiachraFiachra@gmail.com writes:
> When i use a browser that doesn't have a Flash facility to open a page
> with a flash application on it, it downloads flash for free and
> installs it there and then, no?

That's "free" in the "no cost" sense, but it's not free in the "unfettered"
sense.

You're prevented from seeing what the software is doing, and from making
changes to the software.

When we talk about "free software", we mean software that doesn't restrict
the user community:
http://fsfeurope.org/documents/freesoftware.en.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software

--