Re: Why distrust M$, but trust Sun?

From: spike1
Subject: Re: Why distrust M$, but trust Sun?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:34:49 GMT

plenty560@yahoo.com did eloquently scribble:

> It has been my observation that most of the Linux users
> that I have encountered tend to use OpenOffice, which is
> a Sun Microsystems product. It's a decent product, too.
> It works well and probably better than KOffice. But
> it occurred to me recently, what is to keep Sun from
> putting spyware in OpenOffice, for instance on behalf
> of the NSA? Are they an especially ethical company?

Open office is OPEN source, if they tried that someone would see it in
there. And besides, open office might've been initially released by sun but
it is independent of them. Open.Office.org develop open office.

For the sun version you want the closed source open office derivative "Star
Office".

|   spike1@freenet.co.uk   |                                                 |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|            in            | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |