Re: GNU "Moral Codes"

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GNU "Moral Codes"
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:30:31 +0200 (CEST)

   >    2. It's illegal to relicense GPL-licensed software of others
   >    under proprietary terms to third parties, by the terms of the
   >    GPL and The Law. (Not to mention it's also immoral under (1)
   >    as well w/ FSF morals. And also because you break the law
   >    doing it and you're supposed to follow the law.)
   >
   > No, it is perfecly legal to do so if you are the copyright
   > holder.

   I was talking about doing so to the work of others. Again, read
   more carefully and notice, "of OTHERS" right there in the
   text. That means work you do NOT hold the copyright to.

One can ask the copyright holder for permission to relicense the work.

   >    Is that all right?
   >
   > No.

   You sure, after the corrections described above are
   applied?

Quite.  Screaming like a 10 year old sure won't help you though, nor
is it useful to answer those parts of your message.