NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 3 October 2007 NYCBUG: Gene Cronk on Implementing I

From: secretary
Subject: NYC LOCAL: Wednesday 3 October 2007 NYCBUG: Gene Cronk on Implementing IPv6
Date: 2 Oct 2007 22:42:04 -0400

  what="official NYCBUG announcement">

 Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:37:27 -0400
 To: "Announcements only list for NYCBUG (announcements are not cross-posted to
        other lists)." <announce@lists.nycbug.org>,
         freebsd-user-groups@freebsd.org,
         FreeBSD Chat <owner-freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
 From: NYC*BUG Announcements <announce@lists.nycbug.org>
 Subject: [announce] NYC*BUG Wednesday

 This month's New York City *BSD User Group meeting. . .

 October 03, 2007
 Gene Cronk on Implementing IPv6

 6:30pm, Suspenders Restaurant
 http://www.suspendersbar.com/location.php

 This talk will be on some of the basics of IPv6 including addressing,
 subnetting, and tools to test connectivity. There will be a lab (network
 permitting), and setups for an as of yet undisclosed flavor of BSD as
 well as some of the well known daemons (Apache 2, SSHD) will be
 demonstrated. Setting up a BSD OS as an IPv6 router and tunneling system
 will also be covered.

 If you`re reading this and see something I missed (and plan on attending
 the meeting), please drop a mail to the list and let me know what else
 should be added.

 Bio

 Gene Cronk, CISSP-ISSAP, NSA-IAM is a freelance network security
 consultant, specializing in *NIX solutions. He has been working with
 computers for well over 20 years, electronics for over 15, and IPv6
 specifically for 4 years. He has given talks on IPv6 and a multitude of
 other topics at DefCon, ShmooCon and other "underground" venues.

 Gene is from Jacksonville, FL. When not involved in matters concerning
 IPv6, he can be found gaming (Anarchy Online), helping out with the
 Jacksonville Linux User`s Group, being one of the benevolent dictators
 of the Hacker Pimps Security Think Tank, or fixing up his house.