Re: GPL-ed code in a driver for a proprietary OS

From: Valter Minute
Subject: Re: GPL-ed code in a driver for a proprietary OS
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 05:09:20 -0800

richardlang@my-deja.com wrote in
1194408782.801896.257450@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:">news:1194408782.801896.257450@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering what the general consensus is on the legitimacy of
> using GPL-ed code in a driver for a proprietary operating system,
> in my particular case to generate a file system driver for Windows
> CE.
[...]

I agree about the other comments, since this is a gray area, not using
the code will keep you 100% safe...
If you really need to use that code, you may check if the author of
that code can provide it with a different license or can authorize you
to use his code in the way you need.

--
Valter Minute
www.fortechembeddedlabs.it