Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Eben: "Copyleft Capitalism: GPLv3 and the

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: GPLv3 comedy unfolding -- Eben: "Copyleft Capitalism: GPLv3 and the Future of Software Innovation"
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:51:04 +0100

Enjoy... ROFL

http://daveshields.wordpress.com/2007/11/14/video-of-eben-moglens-talk-at-ibm-research-now-available-online/

-------
Video of Eben Moglen’s Talk at IBM Research Now Available Online

I just got a note from Joe Latone of IBM Research that brought the happy
news that the video of Eben Moglen’s talk Copyleft Capitalism, GPLv3 and
the Future of Software Innovation, given at at IBM Research on October
29, 2007, is now available online:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2408787365037153871

it was too long for youtube, so i put it on google video.

I was able to view it using my Ubuntu box running 7.10. The video is a
bit grainy, but the audio quality is very good, and that is what counts.

Joe can be seen at the start in his spiffy leather jacket introducing
Eben. [1]

You can see two of the Tuxers on the podium in front of Eben. (I suspect
they went up so close so that they wouldn’t miss a single word of his
speech. I learned later they enjoyed it even more than I did.)

Notes:

1. Joe commented on my post that included a picture of me selling
baloons “back in the day,” over thirty years ago, that my mustache made
me look like a cross of Dan Ackroyd and Borat. Here’s back at you, Joe.
-------

"Mathematics is primarily a language for ensuring reliable results
in human social activity. "

         -- Columbia Professor Eben Anarcho-Dot Communist Moglen