Re: GNU/Linux Naming

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GNU/Linux Naming
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 21:25:26 +0100

mike3 <mike4ty4@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Dec 5, 6:57 am, David Kastrup <d...@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I don't think OP was trolling.
>>
>> Look up his posting history in this group.  If you entertain the notion
>> that he is not a troll in the Usenet sense, he would certainly appear so
>> in the classical sense when considering the leasurely speed and the
>> time-limited nature of his comprehension.
>>

> The problem is though I really want to understand this,

Why would you then not bother looking for any reference or indicate that
you have bothered to read one before posting?  You post via Google.
That's a search engine.

Go figure.

> and to see if it's really as reasonable as is said.

But you can't hear anything here except what "is said".

> And perhaps, if I (or anyone else) find a problem, then it may be
> remedied.

But that's utter nonsense: you can only "remedy" problems that stick
around, like a web page (for which you have not bothered looking).  You
can't remedy a discussion.

> How can I do it without trolling, when questions pop up
> in my mind that I want to ask?

By looking for the answer or an FAQ or following up on the references of
whatever made that question "pop up".

But your posting history is

a) exclusively asking loaded frequently asked questions
b) never bother looking for the respective FAQ resources
c) never getting to a conclusion
d) restarting the process unfazed without visual impact after some delay