Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:07:28 +0100 (CET)

   Buying a $30k license isn't an option for
   me, so I'm attempting to explore what I can legally and safely do
   according to GPL.

I'm always amazed that people will shell out lots of cash to get a
license that prohibits them from doing things.

   The answers from the ghostscript company are along the lines of
   "The GPL is viral, you can't bundle/distribute it together with
   anything non GPL under any circumstances", yet The GPL FAQ tells me
   I'm fine.

If this ghostscript company is saying that, then they are high on bad
drugs and you can simply ignore them.  The GPL (version 2 and 3)
specifically talks about this, please refer to the actual license
text which is very clear on the topic.