Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question

From: rjack
Subject: Re: GPL Mere Aggregation question
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:32:12 -0500

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> [...] could anyone recommend a lawyer that specializes in the GPL?
>
> You could contact the Software Freedom Law Center
> (http://www.softwarefreedom.org/), I'm sure they can help you.

Solid and reliable advice --- go to the people who wrote the book.

I could also recommend a lawyer that specializes in torture issues.
You could contact former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. He like the
SFLC would be more than happy to discuss all sides of the issues in a
fair and balanced manner.

Regards,
rjack

-- "Standing involves two distinct inquiries. First, an Article III federal court must ask whether a plaintiff has suffered sufficient injury to satisfy the "case or controversy" requirement of Article III . . . Second, if a plaintiff has suffered sufficient injury to satisfy Article III, a federal court must ask whether a statute has conferred "standing" on that plaintiff."; Cetacean Community v. Bush, 386 F.3d 1169 (9th Cir. 2004) --